Wednesday, August 4, 2010

OTK boots

I've been looking for over the knee boots since last year, when I first watched Gossip Girl. Yep. I'm a late bloomer, I waited until the whole season was available on DVD and watched it all at once. It was FUN, and I loved watching the preppy outfits!!


So! back to the boots. I spotted these gorgeous Chinese laundry turbo in gray suede and I knew it was love at first sight.



I also liked the black leather, but the grey suede seemed like it would be easier to dress down, and less S&M-ish.





Look how gorgeous the grey suedes look worn


Of course, those boots were nowhere to be found, and a few online retailers had them in black leather but I wasn't interested. Look how cute Kourtney Kardashian looks with her black suede ones. I believe she's about 5'1 which should be about 1" shorter than myself and we're about the same size so that gives me a lot of perspective.




So I ended up getting Chinese laundry tripin instead. These don't have a wedge like the turbo, and have buttons on the side. I got the grey suede ones and ordered a size 6.5 as I usually do on boots. To my surprise, the size 6.5 was HUGE. However, I had my sister in law try them (she is a 7) and she could barely get her foot onto the boots so I guess they run TTS.


per http://www.piperlime.com/, these are the boots specs

overview
Chinese Laundry Tripin Boot
Over-the-knee pull-on boot
3/8" heel
Leather lining
Synthetic outsole
Snap button closures at shaft
22" shaft, 16" circumference
Upper: 100% suede

I find the boots to be VERY roomy. The suede on the top part sort of stretches with use giving it a nice slouch, and I like how u can unbutton the top and fold them, like on this picture.






Again, what made me go ahead and buy these without seeing them in person first was a pic of Kourtney Kardashian. Look how cute the brown ones look as well. :)





So I find these boots to be a whole lot more comfortable with insoles in them. The 6.5 turned out to be a bit large for me, which is why that's a must. And thick socks. I've been enjoying my winter with these awesome boots, they truly go with everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment